Article by Courtney Garage Doors
There are many reasons why some people would choose to have an automatic garage door over a manual one and vice versa. The truth is, it really depends on personal taste and individual requirements. To help you decide which one is right for you, we’ve put together a list of key pros and cons for both types of garage doors.
Automatic Garage Doors
- Comfort is a big selling point. Automatic garage doors are remote-controlled, allowing you to open it without having to step out of your car, which is especially convenient during the winter months.
- Some electric garage doors can provide higher security.
- They increase your property’s value and saleability. Made to last the test of time.
- This type of garage doors can require slightly more complex maintenance to ensure a smooth operation. Furthermore, you may face electric or remote problems due to a power cutting or batteries running out but we don’t believe this should be a big concern. This is because automatic doors come with a default manual opening system precisely to combat these situations.
- You should expect to pay more for the installation of an automatic garage door. Although they are more durable so it should be considered a long term profitable investment.
Manual Garage Doors
- Arguably, the advantage that generally carries more weight when it comes to this garage door type is the price. The design of manual doors is much less complex as well as the process of installation so it makes sense that is is also more affordable.
- Requires less maintenance than automatic garage doors.
- If you’re undecided which one to choose or if your budget is a concern, manual garage doors can be made automated if you change your mind.
- Having to manually open your garage door can be a hassle especially for those with disabilities or mobility issues.
- Manual garage doors can be easier to break into or forced.
Request A Quote
Contrary to popular opinion, the main difference between them doesn’t reside in the aesthetical appeal and they can both be made to look like each other. Whether you prefer manual or automated, if you are looking to replace your current garage door at Courtney Garage Doors we can help. Call us on 07947 779 493 or fill out our contact form to discuss your individual requirements.